Topics For Future Issues of Whosoever
Whosoever is a topic driven magazine. We thrive when there are good issues that need reviewing. We strive to bring you a wide variety of topics, and cover them in an intelligent, entertaining fashion. We hope we have succeeded.
In our reader survey we asked you to tell us what you want to see covered in future issues of Whosoever. We've received a good amount of material.
We have only a small staff and a small reserve of writers who contribute regularly. To that end, we are posting the topic suggestions here. If you see any topics you are interested in writing about, please, put a piece together and send it to us! We appreciate all submissions, and we have yet to turn any contributions down! (They've all been that good!)
Here's the list of some of topics suggested by readers:
- Young Gay and Christian
- Religions and churches who are gay-friendly: who they are, where they are, and how to find them, perhaps, on the internet.
- Shedding some light on the trend of gays becoming witchs, wiccans or pagans. I think if more is said about Christ from your standpoint that maybe some would come over to Christ and not feel they are living a lie or worship a God that detests them.
- Coming out stories- how God reached down to us again after we were told he couldn't love us or our "sin"
- Being both Gay and Fundamentalist
- Inspirational and instructional material that is geared for gay people.
- People who have tried to get their parents to accept, but have been unsuccessful
- Education to parents about gay teens
- Stories about "closets" so that heterosexuals can realize that everyone has them (alcoholism, drugs, criminal record etc)
- More about accepting congreations
- I want to see more articles on the hope Jesus gives to the gay/lesbian/bi/trans communities that God loves them as is and that they can know Him, through Jesus, personally.
- Perhaps an article to help those of us who are dealing with a struggle of homosexuality and being in a marriage. A divorce feels completely wrong, but continuing to pretend that everything is ok can't possibly be right either.
- Specifics on how to respond to homophobic people.
- I'd like to have someone sit down, line up all the scriptures most often used to condem transexuals and transgendered persons and give insight into their true historical context, meaning and intent.
- Wouldn't it be great to see an article that focuses on God's saving grace for bisexual persons that is aimed directly at them and not mention as a side note in a paragraph written for and directed primarily at gays and lesbians?
- Personal stories about how GLB have overcome religious persecution in their former denominations.
- Spirituality and the physically challenged.
- An article on homosexuality in other ethics groups and the difficulty in coming out.
- I would like you to feature seminaries that accept homosexuals into their schools. You might contact the religious groups and ask for seminaries to contact.
- Additional research on the genetic predisposition to homosexuality.
- More stories on God acting in the lives of Christian gays. We need to know by repetitive assurance that He is indeed working in our lives.
- Gay activism in churches